DANIEL SMITH Alvaro Castagnet Master Artist Watercolor Paint Set, 10 Pack 5 ml Tubes
Regular price $47.66
DANIEL SMITH is truly the worldwide leader of watercolors for artists with 240+ beautiful colors in 15 ml watercolor tubes, the most of any manufacturer! Many are traditional colors relied upon by all artists, and then there are many “truly unique” colors made only by DANIEL SMITH that have become quite important to professional watercolor artists.
The famous watercolor artist Alvaro Castagnet has consulted with Daniel Smith to bring you his favorite watercolor painting pallete in this 10 tube - 5 ml set. Here are the details...
Colors: Hansa Yellow Deep, Mayan Orange, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Viridian, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna Light, Neutral Tint, Deep Scarlet and Pyrrol Red
- Hansa Yellow Deep: With a touch of orange, this is a pure chroma color with high-tinting, semi-transparent organic pigments. is considered the 'perfect yellow', a fact which offers more control when mixing. Mayan Orange: Hot and intense! Use it straight from the tube for a blazing red-orange. As you add water, the color remains strong and disperses very evenly.
- Ultramarine Blue: Intense, pure and subtly granulating, it stands proudly alone pure blue without shading to any other color. Cobalt Blue: Power with every drop. Cobalt Blue is a neutral, non-staining primary blue which subtly modifies most pigments. Considered a "mixing pigment", its transparent nature can cast a giant reticulating shadow.
- Viridian: This transparent non-staining pigment is an excellent glazing pigment. It's a cool blue-green useful in mixing without staining other pigment particles and for soft edges. Yellow Ochre: “Is a stunning gold hue, bright and clean yet true to its earthy nature. It’s non-staining, can be lifted easily to create highlights and has a predicable soft granulation in washes”.
- Burnt Sienna Light: “"DANIEL SMITH has created Burnt Sienna Light just for me. It is a beautiful, transparent hue. It is permanent, it has power and it breaks down Ultramarine Blue perfectly. Burnt Sienna Light is fabulous when you want to place cool colors on top. I use it when I am going into my darks where I drop it into Ultramarine Blue (included in the set) or Alizarin Crimson to create magnificent darks"” -Alvaro.
DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors - classic watercolors of unsurpassed purity and permanence. The vision in the formulation of DANIEL SMITH watercolors is twofold;
- First and foremost, to produce watercolors that are the best in lightfastness and permanence.
- Second, to offer a selection of truly unique colors.
PrimaTek Watercolors are made from minerals, often semi precious minerals, that have been ground into pigments, mixed with gum arabic (the binder) and milled into PrimaTek Watercolors . The first was Lapis Lazuli Genuine in 1998, since then, many more have been added such as Amethyst Genuine, Piemontite Genuine and Serpentine Genuine. Most of these colors have wonderful granulating effects that some artists have called “magical”.
Luminescent Watercolors have special optical effects perfect for subjects that have a sparkle, sheen, or reflective glow like the iridescence of hummingbird feathers or the sheen of metals.
Cadmium Hues, DANIEL SMITH has developed safe and vibrant Cadmium Hues with the density and richness of cadmium colors without the cadmium pigment . Virtually identical in color to their namesakes, they are cleaner in mixtures and much stronger in tints. The working properties – staining power, semi-transparency and excellent